I served on the Champaign County Economic Development Corporation (EDC) Board of Directors from 2006-2011, serving as its Chair 2010-11. In association with the EDC, I continue to serve on the Urbana-Champaign Angel Network (UCAN) Steering Committee and the High Tech Advisory Committee.
I've been a member of Rotary since 1994 and belong to the Urbana Rotary Club.
Through my professional background, I've been a member of the American Society of Training and Development for years.
- County Board. I was elected to the Champaign CountyBoard in 2004 and served two full terms, through 2012. I served as Chair of the Finance Committee for the entirety of both terms. I also served as Chair of the Strategic Planning Committee and Labor Committee. I was most involved in strategic planning and reform issues as well as managing our finances during challenging economic times.
- Volunteer for many Democratic candidates, 1994-Present, including all Democratic candidates for President, Durbin for U.S. Senate, Hynes for Comptroller, Jakobsson for State Rep, Satterthwaite for State Rep, Conner for State Rep, White for Secretary of State, Frerichs for State Rep, Satterthwaite for Mayor, and many more.
- Regional Director, Dick Durbin for U.S. Senate, 2001-2002
- County Coordinator, Dan Hynes for Illinois State Comptroller, 2002
- Precinct Committeeman, Cunningham Township #23, 1994-2008
- Secretary, Tomorrow's Democrats (200 for 2000), 2000-2002
- Executive Committee Member, Democratic Party of Champaign County, 1998-2000
- Plan Commissioner, City of Urbana, 1994-1999
- Chair, Historic Preservation Steering Committee, City of Urbana, 1996-1998
- Democratic Candidate for Champaign County Board, 1996
- Chair, Computer & Technology Committee, Democratic Party of Champaign County, 1994-1996
- Certified Special Olympics Coach. Read book about Special Olympics basketball that I co-authored.